Georgia Teachers of English to
Speakers of Other Languages
The next SETESOL conference for 2021 will be held in Atlanta; therefore, the grant will remain CLOSED until Spring of 2022.
Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member.
Purpose: This grant was created to support a teacher or a teacher trainer/supervisor who wishes to attend the SETESOL Convention.
Amount: up to $2000
Criteria: Applications are evaluated on the basis of (a) rationale, (b) relevance, (c) impact, (d) implementation plan, and (e) evaluation plan. Applicants are encouraged to view this rubric that will be used by the review panel.
1) Complete the SETESOL Travel Grant application online by the deadline below.
2) Request one letter of recommendation. The recommendation letter must be submitted directly to the Grants and Awards Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application due date. The subject line should read “Recommendation Letter for _______ for SETESOL Travel Grant”.
Due Date: Applications and supporting documents must be completed on or before May 15th.
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
1. The grant will be offered on a yearly basis.
2. The Review Committee may recommend to divide the grant between 2 or more recipients.
3. The recipient(s) and other applicants will be notified of the committee's decision.
4. A grantee may not reapply for at least three years.
5. The Review Committee may decide that no grant will be provided for a given year.
6. The grantee agrees to share grant results with members through a presentation related to the project at the Georgia TESOL conference, an article related to the grant for the GATESOL Newsletter or GATESOL In Action Journal, or other approved posts via social media outlets
All GATESOL grant funds will be disbursed through reimbursement upon submission of receipts or invoices to the GATESOL Treasurer at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the grant can be directed to the Grants & Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org