Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member who is a PK-12 ELL educator.
Purpose: The purpose of the grant is to support classroom/research projects and promote the professional development of a promising teacher who is a current member in good standing of Georgia TESOL, has a worthy plan or goal that will ultimately benefit ELL students (PK-12), but lacks the resources or materials to achieve his or her goal.
Amount: up to $1000
- Project: any classroom project or research project that will directly benefit ELL students.
Professional Development: activities such as continuing education classes, workshops, pre/post-conference institutes, certificate/endorsement programs, and webinars.
Note: This grant cannot be used for the following:
- Travel expenses
- General conference registrations
- Expenses associated with conference presentations
- Course tuition or research projects associated with a degree program in which the applicant is enrolled
Criteria: Applications are evaluated on the basis of (a) rationale, (b) relevance, (c) impact, (d) implementation plan, and (e) evaluation plan. Applicants are encouraged to view this rubric that will be used by the review panel.
Due Date: Application must be completed on or before April 30th.
How to apply:
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
1. The grant will be offered on a yearly basis.
2. The Review Committee may recommend to divide the grant between 2 or more recipients.
3. The recipient(s) and other applicants will be notified of the committee's decision.
4. A grantee may not reapply for at least three years.
5. The Review Committee may decide that no grant will be provided for a given year.
6. The grantee agrees to share grant results with members through a presentation related to the project at the Georgia TESOL conference, an article related to the grant for the GATESOL Newsletter or GATESOL In Action Journal, or other approved posts via social media outlets
All GATESOL grant funds will be disbursed through reimbursement upon submission of receipts or invoices to the GATESOL Treasurer at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the grant can be directed to the Grants & Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org