Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member who is a PK-12 ELL educator.
Purpose: The purpose of the grant is to support classroom/research projects and promote the professional development of a promising teacher who is a current member in good standing of Georgia TESOL, has a worthy plan or goal that will ultimately benefit ELL students (PK-12), but lacks the resources or materials to achieve his or her goal.
Amount: up to $1000
- Project: any classroom project or research project that will directly benefit ELL students.
Professional Development: activities such as continuing education classes, workshops, pre/post-conference institutes, certificate/endorsement programs, and webinars.
Note: This grant cannot be used for the following:
- Travel expenses
- General conference registrations
- Expenses associated with conference presentations
- Course tuition or research projects associated with a degree program in which the applicant is enrolled
Criteria: Applications will be evaluated on the basis of (a) rationale, (b) relevance for ELL students, (c) objectives, (d) implementation plan, (e) your evaluation of the project, (f) budget, and (g) plan for sharing.
Due Date: Application must be completed on or before April 30th.
How to apply:
1) Complete the Project/Professional Development Grant I: PK-12 application by clicking the "Apply" link below.
2) Request one letter of recommendation. The recommendation letter must be submitted directly to the Grants and Awards Chairperson, Jamie Vogan, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application due date. Subject line should read "Recommendation letter for _____ for Project/Professional Development PK-12 grant"
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
- The grant will be offered on a yearly basis.
- The Review Committee may recommend to divide the grant between one or more recipients.
- The recipient(s) will be notified by the end of May.
- A grantee may not reapply for at least three years.
- The Review Committee may decide that no grant will be provided for a given year.
- The grantee agrees to: A) give a presentation related to the project at a Georgia TESOL conference; B) write an article related to the grant for the GA TESOL Newsletter
- Grant funds will be dispersed as reimbursement when receipts are submitted to email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the grant can be directed to the Grants and Awards Committee Chairperson, Jamie Vogan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.