Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member who is in adult or higher education.
Purpose: The purpose of the grant is to support classroom/research projects and promote the professional development of an ELL teacher who works with students in an adult education program or higher education institution, or an ELL teacher educator who is a current member in good standing of Georgia TESOL and has a worthy plan or goal that will benefit ELL students, but lacks the resources or materials to achieve this goal.
Amount: up to $1000
- Project: any classroom project or research project that will directly benefit ELL students.
- Professional Development: activities such as continuing education classes, workshops, pre/post-conference institutes, certificate/endorsement programs, and webinars.
Note: This grant cannot be used for the following:
- Travel expenses
- General conference registrations
- Expenses associated with conference presentations
- Course tuition or research projects associated with a degree program in which the applicant is enrolled
- Testing/examination fees
Criteria: Applications will be evaluated on the basis of (a) rationale, (b) relevance for ELL students, (c)objectives, (d) implementation plan, (e) your evaluation of the project, (f) budget, and (g) plan for sharing.
Due Date: Application must be completed on or before April 30th
How to apply:
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
- The grant will be offered on a yearly basis.
- The Review Committee may recommend to divide the grant between one or more recipients.
- The recipient(s) will be notified by the end of May. Anyone not selected is encouraged to apply next year.
- A grantee may not reapply for at least three years.
- The Review Committee may decide that no grant will be provided for a given year.
- The grantee agrees to: A) give a presentation related to the project at a Georgia TESOL conference; B) write an article related to the grant for the GA TESOL Newsletter
- Grant funds will be dispersed as reimbursement when receipts are submitted to email@example.com.