Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member who will present at Peru TESOL (see below for more details).
Purpose: This grant was created to promote cross-cultural understanding and the sharing of resources between Georgia TESOL and Peru TESOL.
Amount: up to $2,000
Criteria: Application are examined for evidence of (a) how participation and attendance will benefit ELL professionals in Peru, (b) how participation and attendance will further the applicant's professional development, (c) how participation and attendance will benefit the applicant's ELL community, and (d) how the applicant will share what was learned through participation and attendance with colleagues in Georgia TESOL.
The application must include the abstract(s) of the conference proposal(s) and one recommendation letter. For information about submitting a proposal, visit the Peru TESOL website (www.perutesol.org/convention). Two proposals are encouraged, and Peru TESOL will sponsor lodging for presenters with multiple sessions.
NOTE: Grant funds will be dispersed for reimbursement of travel. You must submit travel receipts and your proposal acceptance letter from Peru TESOL for reimbursement. You proposal acceptance letter is NOT required prior to applying for this grant opportunity.
Application Deadline: Applications for this grant must be completed on or before February 15th, which may differ from Peru TESOL's deadline.
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL's Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
- Applicants representing publishers are not eligible for this grant.
- Applicant must have received a notification of acceptance from Peru TESOL OR submitted a proposal (Proposal must be submitted with the grant application).
- One letter of recommendation is required by the application deadline. The letter must be submitted directly to the Grants and Awards Chairperson, Jamie Vogan, at email@example.com. Please include the name of the grant and applicant in the subject line.
- The recipient of the grant is expected to: give a report on his/her presentation at Georgia TESOL's Annual Conference following the presentation in Peru, write an article for the GATESOL Newsletter, and serve as a Peru TESOL Liaison for the following year's grant recipient.
- Recipient will be notified by March 15th.
- All GATESOL grant funds will be disbursed through reimbursement upon submission of receipts or invoices to the GATESOL Treasurer